WORD numbering problem

Subject: WORD numbering problem
From: "Benzi Schreiber" <benzi -at- tradeum -dot- com>
To: "techwhirl" <TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2000 12:01:50 +0200

Hi,

My editor has the following headache. I don't know what to tell her. Can
someone please help us out? (It's Word 97)

Thanks!

- Benzi

I was hoping you'd be able to help me with a Word problem. I can't seem to
get the numbering to work properly. It's all fine until I start a second -
or third - numbered list, when I can't seem to be able to get the list to
start with "1" again. I'm using two styles, one called Numbered 1 where the
count is supposed to start with number 1 again, but it remembers the
previously used Numbered 1 and starts with 2. I then tried to go to
Format>Bullets and Numbering to have the numbering restart, but that "stole"
my paragraph format, too.