Re: graphics/illustration tips and techniques

Subject: Re: graphics/illustration tips and techniques
From: Jacque Foreman <foremangraphics -at- juno -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2000 07:38:29 -0800

I'm a graphic artist / typesetter. I don't understand why hiring one with
my skills is "out of the question." If Kari had had an illustration from
a qualified graphic artist, it wouldn't have been necessary to waste two
whole days fighting to bring it into the document. And,if you are doing
the job yourself, you may be wasting money. If you figure out how long it
takes you to do the illustration and multiply it by the base rate you
get, you may be losing money.

Next time you need an illustration, contact me or someone else, you may
find a win, win situation. I might also be able to give you tips that
would allow you to do the easier illustrations yourself. You probably
want to contact me offlist since advertising is frowned on. Just couldn't
stay out of this one.

Just a thought.

Happiness, joy & laughter

Jacque - Graphic Designer / Typesetter - Excellence by Design
since 1972 - Pen & Ink Renderings of homes & Bldgs. & portraits from
photos, Brochures, Ads, Flyers, Packaging, Business Forms, Manuscripts,
etc. - Amway Dealer - email: foremangraphics -at- juno -dot- com
Rendering Samples: http://www.abacus-es.com/foreman

On Mon, 3 Jan 2000 06:34:42 -0500 "Dan Roberts"
<droberts63 -at- earthlink -dot- net> writes:
<snip>
A graphic designer is out of the question -