RE: Year 2000 manual introduction

Subject: RE: Year 2000 manual introduction
From: "Doyle, Lindsay" <lindsay -dot- doyle -at- funb -dot- com>
To: "'Humbird, Len - CFC'" <Humbird -dot- Len -at- cfwy -dot- com>, "'TECHWR-L (E-mail)" <TECHWR-L -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2000 13:05:42 -0500

Len,
Thanks for your feedback.

<snip> The most you should do to standardize everything is to get
the front covers
to look the same. And be sure the bibliography is up to date so
everyone
knows what documents are out there. You've got more important things
to do
than to pretty everything up. <snip>

While I am inclined to agree with you (particularly since these manuals are
primarily CYA in case the company ever faces any lawsuits surrounding their
Y2k testing), what is included in the introduction is not, unfortunately, up
to me. I am adding that verbiage under the direction of the Lab Manager,
and don't really have a choice. This contract ends Jan. 31 so I am going to
produce what they want and move on. I'm definitely looking forward to
producing documentation that will actually get *used* in my next assignment!

Lindsay Randolph Doyle
First Union Capital Markets
Y2k Project Office
(704) 593-7439 phone
(704) 593-7006 fax
lindsay -dot- doyle -at- capmark -dot- funb -dot- com <lindsay -dot- doyle -at- capmark -dot- funb -dot- com>