Calling Irish tech writers (mostly)

Subject: Calling Irish tech writers (mostly)
From: David Handy <DavidH -at- automsoft -dot- com>
To: "'techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2000 14:12:59 -0000

Hi all,
I'm the tech writer for a small Dublin software company that's about to
release its next product version. Up to now we printed our user manuals
in-house but for the next release we'd like to outsource the job to a
printer. My first question is: can anyone recommend a good printer in the
Dublin area?

My second question is: does anyone (anywhere) who has gone through this
process have any advice?

The basic job spec will look something like the following:
* two manuals
* 100+ pages each
* A5 page size or larger (say 9" x 7")
* written in FrameMaker
* ideally, to be perfect-bound (y'know, like a regular paperback)
* print run & colour use to be determined

Thanks in advance for any help. Please reply off-list to
davidh -at- automsoft -dot- com

David Handy
Automsoft International
Dublin, Ireland