re: new hires

Subject: re: new hires
From: Bill Hartzer <BHartzer -at- cha-systems -dot- com>
To: "'Techwr-l'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2000 12:14:50 -0600

Hi,

One thing that seems to make a difference is a good intern program.

We're always looking for at least "some" prior computer-related work
experience.
Interning as a Junior Technical Writer was a great opportunity for me about
10 years ago as I got the experience I needed in my senior year of college
while
the employer was able to get a lof of the "busy work" done that the Senior
Technical writers
thought they shouldn't be doing.

Hope this helps,
Bill Hartzer
Technical Writer
CHA Systems, Inc.
2711 LBJ Freeway
Suite 172
Dallas, TX 75234
phone: 972-892-7566
email: bhartzer -at- cha-systems -dot- com
We are looking at making some changes to the tech writing degree here at
Texas A&M Corpus Christi. This is directed toward those of you who hire
tech writers right out of college. What types of
classes/activities/skills/portfolio work do you look for in an
undergraduate experience?

Thanks,

Susan Loudermilk