RE: e-books and heritage

Subject: RE: e-books and heritage
From: Emru Townsend <etownsen -at- Softimage -dot- com>
To: "'techwrl'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2000 15:36:43 -0500

But all archival media requires maintenance. I regularly dust my books,
make sure they aren't getting too much sunlight (I prefer my covers
unbleached, thank you), and, of course, have to re-shelve every time I add
more than three or four books to a shelf (my magazines are more of a
nightmare, and let's not talk about the videotapes -- which, believe it or
not, are work-related -- all 800 of them). And then there's the time I
spend finding replacements for older books whose pages have become yellowed
and brittle. They're all tiny tasks, but cumulatively it probably takes
more time than re-archiving my data every two years.

Emru Townsend, Information Developer | etownsen -at- softimage -dot- com
Softimage, Inc.
Personal Web site: http://purpleplanetmedia.com
Recent musings: http://purpleplanetmedia.com/eye/film/f2k.html