PDF and web-sites

Subject: PDF and web-sites
From: shelly -dot- l -dot- hazard -at- exgate -dot- tek -dot- com
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2000 14:14:51 -0800

Hello all,

I have stumbled across a web-site that has me very puzzled. It has a link
to download a pdf file for viewing. When I click on the link, Acrobat is
triggered and the pdf is displayed. However, if I try to save the file to
my hard-drive, it goes through the motions and places a file on my drive,
but when I try to open it - it comes up with an error message saying that
the file is not available.

I know it is possible to lock things from being saved off web-sites, but
didn't know that pdf files could be locked this was as well. Is this what
has happened or is it a possibly a problem with my system?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Shelly