Configurable vs. reconfigurable

Subject: Configurable vs. reconfigurable
From: Rahel Bailie <r_bailie -at- trillium -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2000 11:32:31 -0800

Our engineers have been defining these two terms as follows:
Configurable = The user can set the parameters once.
Reconfigurable = The user can set the parameters numerous times.

If configure = change, then reconfigure means re-change?
If configure = cycle, then reconfigure means recycle?

Perhaps I'm being picky, but it's bothering me. How do other TCs use these
terms?

Rahel Bailie, Senior Technical Editor, 442-9222, ext 3137
Trillium Digital Systems, Inc.
The World's Source for Communications SoftwareTM
www.trillium.com