Gray Boxes for Graphics in IE 4

Subject: Gray Boxes for Graphics in IE 4
From: "YONEMURA,PRISCILLA (Non-HP-Roseville,ex1)" <priscilla_yonemura -at- nonhp-am -dot- exch -dot- hp -dot- com>
To: "'TECHWR-L'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2000 10:58:26 -0700

I'm confounded by a graphics display problem that my manager would like
resolved now.
Our support group accesses Word 97 documents through Internet Explorer 4.0.
They really need to see the graphics, especially the system diagrams. Until
last week, these graphics displayed fine. Now, they are displaying as gray
boxes. If I double-click the gray box, IE displays the embedded .gif graphic
through Quick View Plus. The support team needs to see these graphics
without going through the extra step of Quick View Plus. I've tried
different graphic file formats (jpg, gif, even bmp); I've floated the
graphics and embedded them. I've "hard coded" the graphics so they are no
longer linked. I'm stumped.
Does anybody have the fix?

Thanks,

Priscilla Yonemura