RE: Indexing: how to test an index

Subject: RE: Indexing: how to test an index
From: "Skilton Katherine (ism1kns)" <KSkilton -at- ismd -dot- ups -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L (E-mail)" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 14:16:17 -0500

Melissa -

I always found it useful to have someone unfamiliar with the product go
through the manual. Give them a highlighter and tell them to highlight the
words/topics they don't know or understand. That's a good quick check. That
will also help if you're doing a glossary. This gets you the basics. Then,
if you have testers, I'd give them the index and have them try to use it. In
theory, they should have test cases or user cases, and have an idea what
should be there.

Kate Skilton
Sr. Methods Analyst
United Parcel Service