RE: Frame to HTML: Way to preserve tabs?

Subject: RE: Frame to HTML: Way to preserve tabs?
From: "Karen Koldyk" <kkoldyk -at- email -dot- fleming -dot- com>
To: <john -at- freelock -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2000 11:35:37 -0600

You can use a cascading style sheet and create a tag with a term such as =
<bodyoffset> for indented text. Fool the system by changing the margin in =
the css tag to where you want the para to start.

Also the pre tag has preset tabs around every 8 spaces or so. You can't =
change these but if a table fits....it's useable.

Karen Koldyk
SQA Tech. Writer
Fleming Companies Inc.
kkoldyk -at- email -dot- fleming -dot- com

>>> "John Locke" <john -at- freelock -dot- com> 01/19 10:40 AM >>>
Another suggestion...

I'm not a Frame user (yet), but I do know HTML. Frame must be using
paragraph tags for these lines, rather than line breaks. In Word, you can
get a line break by typing SHIFT-ENTER instead of just ENTER. Then, when =
you
export to preformatted text, you won't get the extra line. I assume Frame
must be able to do something similar...

The caveat here is that the entire block will be treated as a single
paragraph.

Cheers,
John
http://www.freelock.com=20

Carolyn Yount wrote:

If I use spaces instead of tabs and map my code text to preformatted text,
the
indentation is preserved but then an extra line is added:

<asdf>

<asdf>

<asdf>

<asdf>

<asdf>

<asdf>

Any workarounds? ...I tried writing a macro (replacing \t with &nbsp;), =
but
it
didn't work ....although I may not have done it properly.

Training & consulting for RoboHELP, Dreamweaver, HTML, and HTML-Based =
Help.
More info at http://www.weisner.com/train/ or mailto:training -at- weisner -dot- com -dot-

Sponsored by Rose Hill, Your Business and Career Coach.=20
"Assume Success! Live Your Passion!" Get the gist at=20
www.coachrose.com then call 503.629.4804 for details!

---
You are currently subscribed to techwr-l as: kkoldyk -at- email -dot- fleming -dot- com=20
m=20
Send administrative questions to ejray -at- raycomm -dot- com -dot- Visit=20