RE: The Old Argument: Framemaker vs. MS Word

Subject: RE: The Old Argument: Framemaker vs. MS Word
From: "White, Donald" <Donald -dot- White -at- Nextel -dot- com>
To: "'Writer Posts'" <TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 16:46:29 -0500

I haven't used MS Word 2000 much, and I don't really want to use it. In any
case, the application is not for desktop publishing while Framemaker is
built for that purpose. If you want something from which you can speedily
and accurately translate a file for use over the Web, Framemaker does it
best, too--through Acrobat.

What with all the paragraph formatting and numbering bugs, as well as other
formatting problems with Word, I guess that the only reasons management
would not support Frame is the expense, and because Frame would be used by a
relatively low number of people.

Good luck.

D.H. White
Technical Writer
Nextel Communications
703.433.8460
Donald -dot- White -at- nextel -dot- com