Re: Plain English explanation of use cases??

Subject: Re: Plain English explanation of use cases??
From: "Tim Altom" <taltom -at- simplywritten -dot- com>
To: "Jean Weber" <jean -at- wrevenge -dot- com -dot- au>, "TechDoc List" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 08:41:49 -0500

Sure. Find a copy of Hackos/Redish "User and Task Analysis for Interface
Design". It has a fabulous and simple explanation of how to set up an entire
user environment study, which is the basis of a user scenario. A user
scenario, generally speaking, is a total environment within with the user
operates, including the user's attributes themselves. You might call these
"user studies" or something similar. A good user scenario goes far beyond
the simple controlled environment of a laboratory and takes into account
whatever is in the user's everyday environment. The book is packed with
examples from Hackos' and Redish's corporate studies. You can search
Amazon.com for it or go to our website, where we have an Amazon link direct
to the book. We like it that much.

This is a gross oversimplication; you should read the book for a full
explanation.

Tim Altom
Simply Written, Inc.
Featuring FrameMaker and the Clustar Method(TM)
"Better communication is a service to mankind."
317.562.9298
http://www.simplywritten.com