RE: The Old Argument: Framemaker vs. MS Word

Subject: RE: The Old Argument: Framemaker vs. MS Word
From: Melanie Shook <mshook -at- com2001 -dot- com>
To: "'Darren Barefoot'" <dbarefoot -at- mpsbc -dot- com>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 12:32:43 -0600

<Snip>
The reality is, if you want to generate a number of digital output formats
(HTML, HTMLHelp, WinHelp, PDF, etc.), FrameMaker is not a viable
alternative. DB.</snip>

I don't know what you're talking about Darren.

I use FrameMaker to create HTML & HTMLHelp, with WebWorks Publisher - most
people who use Word use RoboHelp or ForeHelp or something else to create
those formats. I think FrameMaker is very viable. It only takes me 5
minutes to create a compiled chm with Frame/WebWorks. I also create PDFs,
of course. I could also create WinHelp or JavaHelp, etc., if required.