Re: The Old Argument: FrameMaker vs. MS Word

Subject: Re: The Old Argument: FrameMaker vs. MS Word
From: "Helen Cygnarowicz" <helen -at- tiw -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 17:36:09 -0800

>>Little mention is made of end-user task analysis, flow-charting and other
organization/design issues, estimating (critical to effective analysis and
design), and Project Management issues.

When I have been the lone TW, all of these issues were my responsibility,
including the writing.

When I have been part of a department with more than one TW, all of these
issues seem to have been the responsibility of the Dept Mgr, and I was
occasionally asked for input, but mostly I did the writing and DTP stuff.

When I have been the Tech Pubs Mgr, all of these issues were my
responsibility, and I sought input from my TW staff, including the graphics
artist and production staff.

In my current position, all of these issues are my responsibility, including
the writing, the graphics, the design and production, the online and hard
copy decisions, etc.

I still consider myself a TW, but a very versatile one.

Helen Cygnarowicz, Manager
Information Development Group
TIW SYSTEMS
2211 Lawson Lane