Re: FW: The Old Argument: Framemaker vs. MS Word

Subject: Re: FW: The Old Argument: Framemaker vs. MS Word
From: Marc Santacroce <epubs -at- ricochet -dot- net>
To: Darren Barefoot <dbarefoot -at- mpsbc -dot- com>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2000 10:09:59 -0800

I was told to expect v6 this year.

Darren Barefoot wrote:

I've caught some flack for my (admittedly inaccurate) statement below. What
I meant to convey, which clearly I did not, was that I wouldn't rely upon
FrameMaker over the long term. I mean, the release notes in our version,
Frame 5.5.3, indicate that it shipped in 1998. With the exception of the
recent Linux-friendly version, I haven't seen much that indicates that Adobe
is particularly interested in the product. Besides, how Web-friendly can a
product be that has a spell-checker that does not include the term
"Internet"?

-
Marc A. Santacroce

Senior Technical Writer/President
ePubs, Inc.

epubs -at- ricochet -dot- net

"Everything has a fifty percent probability; either it's going to happen, or it's not."