character styles in Word

Subject: character styles in Word
From: "Susan W. Gallagher" <susan-gallagher -at- vertel -dot- com>
To: Melanie Shook <mshook -at- com2001 -dot- com>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 10:40:45 -0800

>>Frame lets you assign a character style within a paragraph style.
>>It's invaluable for drawing attention to screens, fields, buttons, or
>>commands within body text.
>>

>So does Word. I use this feature regularly, for the reasons you mention.
></snip>
>
>Win, if this works, please explain it...

When you create or modify a style in MS Word, there's a drop-
down list box labeled Style Type. The choices are Paragraph and
Character. On the Style drop-down list, Paragraph styles are
marked with a paragraph mark, Character styles are marked with
an underscored 'a'.

The rest should be obvious! ;-)

-Sue Gallagher http://pw1.netcom.com/~gscale/susanwg/
susan-gallagher -at- vertel -dot- com http://www.vertel.com

The _Guide_ is definitive.
Reality is frequently inaccurate. --Douglas Adams