Re: blue-sky software

Subject: Re: blue-sky software
From: Scottie Lover <iluvscotties -at- mindspring -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 22:47:58 -0500

At 08:02 PM 01/24/2000 -0500, Peter wrote:
>In my dealings with them they seemed to be a sincere
>company, truly interested in assisting users of their product.

Your experience has certainly been radically different from mine! I was
eager to buy it, but couldn't get them to tell me a price. Then I received
a teaser ad saying that I could get some version of RoboHelp free if I
called such-and-such a number, only to learn that that was only if I paid
them about $ 1200. (They can set whatever price they want, but I bitterly
resented the implication that something was free when it came with such a
hefty pricetag.) Moreover, if I couldn't get a straight answer from them
as a prospective customer, I can see where I'd have been abandoned had I
bought it from them.

I got sick of their tactics, investigated further, and found that a great
many people consider ForeHelp far superior. And THEY are a joy to deal with.

JMHO.