Push wise and pull foolish

Subject: Push wise and pull foolish
From: "DANIEL D HALL" <misterhall -at- prodigy -dot- net>
To: <TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 07:26:55 -0800

Brian:

Your post reminds me that we often assume some standard of which our
audience may/may not be aware .

I've always assumed that the U.S. "standard" of pulling the door of a
business to go in and pushing to get out had more to do with egress in an
emergency than anthing else. After all, if you stopped to pull a door toward
you in the crush of frantic people .... squash!

Dan H