RE: Word Usage

Subject: RE: Word Usage
From: Lane Pasut <Larissa -dot- Pasut -at- OmegaResearch -dot- com>
To: "'Kathi Jan Knill'" <Kathi -dot- Knill -at- template -dot- com>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 16:12:25 -0500

Usage of the word sets my teeth on edge, too. But believe it or not, I
encountered a reputable dictionary that listed "irregardless" as a word
(common usage of regardless). I was horrified. We need one of those language
institutes they have in European countries that guard the language.
Otherwise, people's mistakes/ignorance become accepted usage. Can you
believe it??

Lane