re: FrameMaker 2000?

Subject: re: FrameMaker 2000?
From: Carl Young <carl -at- digipubcorp -dot- com>
To: Peter Lucas <peterlucas -at- mediaone -dot- net>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 23:27:06 -0700

You wrote:
> Can you point us to a source at the Adobe web site (or somewhere else) that
backs up your assertion? (that a new version of FrameMaker will be released in 2000)<

The Framer's Forum at http://www.frameusers.com/ has copies of the news release announcing the FrameMaker Linux beta, and copies of John Warnock's speech on the future of FrameMaker.

Software companies generally don't talk about new releases of products for fear of being sued, so I doubt you will find much at the Adobe web site. In addition, it is my understanding that anyone participating in a beta test program for a new version of FrameMaker has signed a form promising not to talk about the product.

Regards,
Carl
Carl L. Young DigiPub Solutions Corp.
Producers of the PDF2000 Conference