RE: Interviewing writers

Subject: RE: Interviewing writers
From: "Anthony Markatos" <tonymar -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: CMartin -at- serena -dot- com, techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2000 13:17:18 PST

Chuck Martin asks:

In 15 years you've never found quality writing to be a critical component [to highly usable end-user documentation]?

Tony Markatos responds:

Nope! Think about it. When was the last time you heard of a tech comm project in which effective task analysis, and project management - especially estimating - was accomplished, but the whole thing fell apart because of poor writing skills. I have never see or heard of such. I have seen a LOT of the reverse!

Some may think that I discount grammar skills because I have an engineering background. I see myself as being very proactive in identify the REAL problems.

Tony Markatos
(tonymar -at- hotmail -dot- com)