Re: "Team Player" - Please Define?

Subject: Re: "Team Player" - Please Define?
From: Kathy10th -at- aol -dot- com
To: TECHWR-L -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 23:56:30 EST

Tom Murrell wrote:

<< I wouldn't expect every writer in a team to be doing the same thing or
sharing the difficult tasks. I would expect every writer to understand his
or her role and perform it effectively. That's what I would expect in a
team environment. >>

I agree with you, but I think I'd add a little more. A team member also
needs to be willing, and able, to step in and help another team member out in
order to meet the team's goals. I'm not advocating doing other people's work
while they sit back and relax! But, on a team, we need to help each other
when it's necessary.

Kathy Kurth
Technical Writer II
Graebel Companies, Inc.