rate question

Subject: rate question
From: Kelly Davis <kdavis -at- sdl -dot- usu -dot- edu>
To: "'TECHWR-L'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2000 11:05:52 -0700

My apologies if this question has been asked and answered 100 times. I am a
full-time technical writer for a aerospace company and I'm as busy as I want
to be, but I have a pesky neighbor who keeps asking me to do editing on the
side for his real-estate company. I have no idea what to charge him - per
page, or per hour? I really want to tell him to go fly away, but that's
awkward, so I guess I will just charge him the maximum amount and hope he
goes away on his own. Could someone please post the going rate?

Thanks,

Kelly D. Davis
Technical Writer
Space Dynamics Lab