Re: FWD: Getting out of a bad situation

Subject: Re: FWD: Getting out of a bad situation
From: Scottie Lover <iluvscotties -at- mindspring -dot- com>
To: "Jane" <judydh -at- total -dot- net>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2000 15:29:59 -0500

At 01:09 PM 02/07/2000 +0000, Jane wrote:
>In the instance that someone is fired from a situation
>like Anonymous described, or any firing, for that matter,
>are people going to back away from providing a reference?

Not in my experience. There will always be scumbags who care only about
themselves, and will turn their backs on anyone out of favor, regardless of
how many times that person may have saved their own jobs. (I've seen that
happen.) However, real people, the kind worth knowing, will stand up and
give glowing references if they know that the person did an excellent job
and was not solely responsible for whatever went wrong.