RE: 2nd part - HTML File Question

Subject: RE: 2nd part - HTML File Question
From: "John Locke" <john -at- freelock -dot- com>
To: "'Kathi Jan Knill'" <Kathi -dot- Knill -at- level8 -dot- com>, "'TECHWR-L'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2000 09:51:17 -0800

SAR (Search and Replace) by Funduc Software, and Allaire Homesite both do
Search (and replace) on multiple files.

SAR lets you specify a starting folder, and a file mask (.*htm* will search
all HTML files, *.txt will search plain text files, PR*.htm will search for
all HTML files that begin with "pr", etc). You can see the text it's going
to change before it changes it, or you can replace all with or without a log
and back-up of the original. You also specify whether to search sub folders.

Search for FunDuc and you should be able to find it... I think it's
shareware, around $20... I believe the free demo version allows you to
search but not replace.

If you're already working in HomeSite, it can search/replace in all open
files, in a specified folder with or without sub folders, or all files in a
defined project.

John Locke
http://www.freelock.com