OT: Hyperlinks launch browser but no page appears (BILL BASHERS Q UEUE HERE)

Subject: OT: Hyperlinks launch browser but no page appears (BILL BASHERS Q UEUE HERE)
From: "Hedley Finger (EPA)" <Hedley -dot- Finger -at- ericsson -dot- com -dot- au>
To: "'techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>, "'AusTechWriter'" <austechwriter -at- egroups -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2000 11:30:27 +1100

For pointless self-defeating (nay, self-flagellating) religious and
ideological reasons, I have banished Internet Explorer from this PC and made
buggy old Netscape Communicator 4.7 my default browser.

Trouble is, clicking on those nifty hyperlinks found everywhere launch the
browser but do not display the Web page. (I'm talking about those
ubiquitous hyperlinks in the Start > Favorites folder, in Word documents, in
Outlook email messages, in Acrobat PDF documents, and so on.)

Can any of the many Windows experts on these Teck Right lists tell me how to
get the desired behaviour short of reinstalling Netscape Communicator? Or
is this just a wicked Bill ploy of not supporting any other browser but his
own? Should I hotfoot it to the anti-monopoly court case with this
anti-competitive news flash?

--
Regards,
Hedley Finger Technical Writer

Ericsson Australia Pty Ltd
Voice Over Internet Protocol (VoIP) Project
Level 34.31 Melbourne Central Tower
360 Elizabeth Street Melbourne VIC 3000 Australia
Tel. +61 3 9301 6214 Cell. +61 412 461 558 Fax. +61 3 9301 6199
Email. hedley -dot- finger -at- ericsson -dot- com -dot- au

Hand Holding Projects Pty Ltd
28 Regent Street Burwood VIC 3125 Australia
Tel. +61 3 9809 1229 Cell. +61 412 461 558 Fax. +61 3 9809 1326
Email. hfinger -at- handholding -dot- com -dot- au