Re: Diagram callouts, take II

Subject: Re: Diagram callouts, take II
From: Christi <christi -at- sageinst -dot- COM>
To: "Techwr-L (E-mail)" <TECHWR-L -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 08:36:23 -0800

Well, I've been debating whether to try and explain a little more. But here
it is...

The procedure I'm writing about has about 8 steps.
1. Plug in one end of a cord to the IN1 jack on our instrument and to the
MON port (A) on your panel.
2. Plug in one end of a cord to the IN2 jack on our instrument and to the
MON port (B) on your panel.
3. Make sure the instrument isn't freaking out.
4. Plug in one end of a cord to the OUT1 jack on our instrument.
5. Do the following two steps simultaneously.
+ Plug in the other end of the cord (from step 4) into the FIN jack (C)
on your panel.
+ Plug in a termination plug into the DOUT port (D) your panel.
6. Make sure the instrument isn't freaking out.
7. Plug in one end of a cord to the OUT2 jack on our instrument.
8. Do the following two steps simultaneously.
+ Plug in the other end of the cord (from step 7) into the EIN jack (E)
on your panel.
+ Plug in a termination plug into the FOUT port (F) your panel.

As you might be able to tell, the names aren't exactly clear.

+ In steps 1 and 2, there is a reference to a MON port. Well, there are many
MON ports on this panel. The user knows which _exact_ port to plug into.

The diagram is trying to do a few things.
1. Show the relative location of the various ports. The user will have to
know the exact port, but we can show them the general area it will be.
2. There will end up being three different cords hanging off this panel and
instrument. The diagram hopes to give an idea of how the cords might look.

In writing all of this, however, and seeing other peoples' thoughts and
ideas, I am going to try a few other things.

Again, thanks for everyone's thoughts.