managing really good people who are also passionate

Subject: managing really good people who are also passionate
From: Barbara Hubert <barbara_hubert -at- epicdata -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2000 08:41:37 -0800

I'd like to clarify my post on Friday. I didn't mean to illude that my
manager wasn't doing a good job.

My manager calls me an anomoly because I a very keen to develop
programming skills, and I guess that is a first in this department. I
can't decide which I am more passionate about, the writing or the
technology.

The questions submitted were simply intended to provoke thought, on how
we deal with each other, not to express dissatisfaction with the way
that I am being managed. I think the point of the thread was that good
and passionate people are a challenge to manage, which I think I am.
Maybe what I should have asked is, are people like me worth the extra
effort?

sincerely