Advice for beginner

Subject: Advice for beginner
From: "EXT-Baxter, Kimberly M" <Kimberly -dot- Baxter -at- PSS -dot- Boeing -dot- com>
To: "'TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM'" <TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 08:20:11 -0800

Hi all,

I'm new to this list. I'm just beginning to learn tech writing (read several books, taking on-line class) and this is my concern: It's my understanding that the majority of the tech writing jobs are in the computer industry. The thought of learning computer programming, etc. holds ZERO interest for me. Some other areas I've read tech writers work in do appeal to me, such as - psychology, psychiatry, anthropology, and linguistics. I also think I would like process writing.

If anyone has any feedback on this I'd greatly appreciate it. Also, any advice for getting my foot in the door of an entry level position would be helpful. I'm in the Seattle area. Thanks.

To Thine Ownself Be True,

Kimberly Baxter
BCA Engineering
(425) 237-6235 M/C 67-XP
(425) 237-0192 FAX

"Everything in the universe is always moving or changing; it's no wonder I feel nauseous."
- Woody Allen