RE: W2 vs 1099

Subject: RE: W2 vs 1099
From: "Harry Bacheler" <hbacheler -at- geo -dot- census -dot- gov>
To: "Ridder, Fred" <Fred -dot- Ridder -at- Dialogic -dot- com>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 13:01:24 -0500

Frank --

One of the things that you stated early was how you were paid.

Quote:

"I submitted invoices based on my hours worked every two weeks, and I was
paid the amount I invoiced."

Unquote

The above statement probably established the fact that you were an
"independent" business.

I don't believe that there is a requirement that a 1099 be passed between
two entities in such a business relationship.

Your invoice, and the check from the company, established the fact that
money passed from one 'company to 'another'.

I believe it was then your responsibility to file a Schedule C with your
1040 at tax time.

NOTE: In tax/legal matters, refer to your accountant/attorney.
I am not providing legal advice in this discussion.

Harry M. Bacheler, Jr.
Consultant
VGS, Inc.

"The thoughts, ideas, and opinions expressed in my portion
of this email are mine and mine alone. They are not the
thoughts, ideas, and/or opinions of any past, present, or
future employers, or any group that I might belong to.

That
> wasn't so.

... snip, snip ...