RE: Variable in a Bulleted List: Is this possible?

Subject: RE: Variable in a Bulleted List: Is this possible?
From: Bill Burns <BillDB -at- intl -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 16:43:46 -0700

Johnny Brown writes:

> On my Chapter page I have a bulleted list that outlines the individual
> sections of the chapter (all the head 1's in other words).
>
> What I'd like to do is insert a variable that picks up the head 1's and
> the page numbers throughout the chapter and insert them into the bulleted
> list (example below).
>
> I'm finding that its a real chore to manually type them in especially when
> I'm creating 15+ chapters.

It would be helpful to know what application you're using. In FrameMaker,
this is a pretty trivial thing to do using cross-references. I doubt it
would be difficult to pull off in Word, but then, creating a 15 chapter book
in Word is another thing altogether.

Bill Burns - Eccentric Technology Consultant
INT'L.com Design & Development
billdb -at- intl -dot- com
"If I go to sleep, the clowns will eat me."