How to reference document sections?

Subject: How to reference document sections?
From: "дл" <sdeichmann -at- voicemobility -dot- com>
To: techwr-l
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2000 12:53:32 -0800

Is there a conventional way to reference document sections inside the same
document?

For example, in a user guide I have the following statement:

See the section "Adding Widgets" for more information.

I have been told that using quotation marks is incorrect, and that italics
should be used instead for the section name. Is one of these methods
considered correct? (Or another that I haven't mentioned?)

Thanks,

Sue Deichmann
Technical Writer
Voice Mobility Inc.