FWD: Seeking assistance-contract rates

Subject: FWD: Seeking assistance-contract rates
From: anonfwd -at- raycomm -dot- com
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2000 07:42:34 -0700 (MST)

Hello fellow techwrls

I have been offered a contract position through a nationwide recruiting
agency. My concerns are three fold -

1 - I understand that agencies may charge clients anywhere from 25% to
100% of the rate they offer consultants. In other words...the agency pays the
consultant $45 per hour, but they collect $75 to $90 per hour from the
client. Is this correct??

2 - This would be an hourly rate contract, at 40 hours per week. Is the
agency obligated to pay time and a half for overtime? Or just straight
rate regardless of the total number of hours per week?? BTW...Peter Kent
discusses this topic in this book and seems to be of the opinion that contractors
should receive OT pay, at time and a half.

3 - The recruiter mentioned I would need to sign a contract....any
insights or web sites to recommend on what to watch out for when signing a
contract??

Thanks

anonfwd -at- raycomm -dot- com

Forwarded anonymously on request. If you want the
original poster to see your response, you must reply
to the TECHWR-L list. All direct replies to this
message are automatically discarded. Contact Eric
ejray -at- raycomm -dot- com with questions.