Apologies (was polite international e-mail)

Subject: Apologies (was polite international e-mail)
From: Maaike Groenewege <mgr -at- mediasys -dot- nl>
To: "'TECHWR-L'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 10:23:23 +0100

Hello all

My apologies for my previous email, I was experiencing the problem that
Kevin described.

Here's my message again, without the accents this time.

In German, an umlaut can be replaced by an e. Words that are usually written
with an umlaut, such as Muller (umlauted u) and Cliff-hanger (umlauted a)
can also be written as Mueller and Cliff-haenger. I don't think Germans will
have problems understanding this.

Of course, this does not solve your problem for French or Spanish, let alone
Danish or Finnish :o) Perhaps Peter Ring can tell you something about how
they handle accents in Denmark.

Regards,

Maaike Groenewege
Technical Writer