Clarification: Converting to text

Subject: Clarification: Converting to text
From: Ruth Lundquist <rlundquist -at- prosarcorp -dot- com>
To: "'techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 09:11:02 -0600

Wow, lot's of really good suggestions already. Thanks for your help!

One thing though--I don't create, nor can I modify in any way (other than
converting from one file format to another) the documents. I don't control,
or influence in any way the software that companies use to create these
documents, therefore, I have no control over the format of the files they
send me.

You see, these are authored by any company that sells any product that
contains any hazardous component--they are required documents per OSHA
regulations. I acquire these from all the different companies, convert them
to a common format & typically throw them out on a web site. New client
wants to import into main frame (yuck yuck yuck!) and therefore can only
accept text docs.

(I'm not even a technical writer--but I used to be--I still lurk on the
list for the doc mgmt info I can glean & the sheer entertainment value of
it all--thanks AP!)

Please keep the suggestions & ideas coming! I'm still chanting one of G-the
crazy canadian's-H's incantations... =^)