RE: tech word for user interface

Subject: RE: tech word for user interface
From: Peter -dot- Harbeson -at- nokia -dot- com
To: TMurrell -at- alldata -dot- net, techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 09:13:47 -0600

"Northbound" is also used, sometimes, to refer to a network connection from
a device that's being managed to the management system -- with "southbound"
being what you'd expect. The terminology can be confusing, partly because
it's also possible to use compass directions to identify physical devices
regardless of their hierarchical relationship. I'd go with top/bottom; it's
more obvious what they mean.

-Pete Harbeson

> The interfaces at the top are called "northbound", those at the bottom are
> called "southbound", and to left and right "eastbound" and "westbound".

Previous by Author: Re: Level of writing
Next by Author: Re: Instructions written in HTML
Previous by Thread: RE: tech word for user interface
Next by Thread: Converting Word to text?

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads