Re: Problems Documenting An Application

Subject: Re: Problems Documenting An Application
From: "Dan Roberts" <droberts63 -at- earthlink -dot- net>
To: "John Posada" <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 22:11:20 -0500

to supplement John's statements, remember that the user objective is not to
see a screen, but to *do* something. The user could give a rat's
hindquarters about the name of the screen <panel? window? dialog?> that
opens next; they just wanna have fun--err, get a task accomplished (sorry,
flashback time). So if option 11 is the first thing they must do, put it
before option 1.

Honestly this is truth. I've got an app in which option 8 (or something)
comes early in the process of using the tool. The programmers just stuck it
in at the next available slot. And options 1 and 2 are stuffed in the back
of the book, cuz they're just customization stuff.

well, that advice and 0.50$ will get you a cup of coffee...