RE: InDesign, anyone?

Subject: RE: InDesign, anyone?
From: Carlsson Peter - FMT <peter -dot- carlsson -at- fmt -dot- se>
To: "TECHWR-L (E-mail)" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 15:28:55 +0100

Hello;
InDesign is an absolutely "acceptable" tool. It is to be compared with Quark
Xpress, and IMHO it is much better. InDesign is sometimes called the "Quark
Killer", it is aimed towards that market. If you want a middle step between
FrameMaker and InDesign, go for PageMaker. Personally, I don't like PM too
much. Too much trouble when making long documents, too little control when
designing.

I've been using InDesign for a while now, and speaking technical documents,
I find it very useful for making quick reference guides and such. I also use
it for marketing materials.

InDesign is fairly easy to learn. As always, there are a few concepts to
understand, but in general it is easy to get into. If you are an experienced
user of Adobe products, you'll find the user interface very familiar. One
snag is perhaps all the detailed print settings, which can be a bit tricky
at first.

Regards,
Peter Carlsson

Note: I'm in no manner connected to Adobe.

Peter Carlsson
Manager, Technical Media Department

FMT Aircraft Gate Support Systems AB
Dalaslingan 8, SE-231 32 Trelleborg, Sweden
Telephone: +46 (0)410 65500 Fax: +46 (0)410 41975
E-mail: peter -dot- carlsson -at- fmt -dot- se Web: www.fmt.se