Re: Working in a structured environment

Subject: Re: Working in a structured environment
From: Chris Kowalchuk <chris -at- bdk -dot- net>
To: Eric Ray <ejray -at- raycomm -dot- com>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 11:21:01 -0500

Eric's words in that last post suddenly rang very true for me. I am
currently working for a very well organized client who had everything
spec'd out in advance, including format details, and all I can think of
is how much work this client is saving me. So I have to follow their
rules? At least I don't have to think about that aspect of the job.

Caveat: the "rules" of this client make perfect sense, and I am happy to
follow them. I have many times seen the opposite where the "rules"
existed in a reality vacuum that made implementing them a near
impossibility and caused way more headaches than problems they solved.
But when you can find a mature, well organized employer, what a relief!

Chris Kowalchuk