Re: FrameMaker Index Tag Question

Subject: Re: FrameMaker Index Tag Question
From: Chris Despopoulos <cud -at- arrakis -dot- es>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 10:10:01 +0100

I guess I can see some benefit in setting colors to the
index markers, but not much. Assuming you do this for index
markers, you aren't guaranteed you will see every index
marker. Maker displays multiple markers in the same
character position, and the last one inserted displays on
top. For example, if you make a cross-reference to the
paragraph with the index marker, then you will cover the
index with the xref marker. (Oddly enough though, if you
use cursor arrows, you will hit the arrow to "move" the IP
from marker to marker - the IP just doesn't appear to move.)

What I do is generate an index for the file and use the
generated hypertext to go to each individual index marker.
If you leave the Marker dialog open while you do that, you
will see the marker contents. Alternatively, you can use
the Find dialog... Search for marker of type. Usually, I
put the IP in the text just past a pile of markers, then
search backwards.

Hope this helps... Assigning colors is a tedious
alternative, as you already know.

Cheers cud