RE: Working for a liar

Subject: RE: Working for a liar
From: Louis de Carteret <LdeCarteret -at- Fusion-Systems -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 16:33:49 -0000

Hi All

I once worked for a boss who had a lot of the "qualities" that have been
described in this thread. Several complaints were made about him to his
superiors yet nothing was ever done. After eight months of extreme
frustration I realised that my only option was to confront him about his
behaviour personally. I did this and he blew his top shouting (amongst other
things!) "HOW DARE YOU BE SO INSUBORDINATE!" I realised the guy had a screw
loose at this point and resigned there and then. He insisted that I leave
immediately (to avoid me being questioned by his peers) and stood over me
while I cleared my desk. He personally escorted me out of the building.

Even though I was out of a job I felt immensely relieved and realised how
the stress of constantly battling against this sort of person mounts up. The
best part of this story is that a few months after leaving, my boss was
"found out" by his employers and sacked. They contacted me shortly
afterwards and asked me to go back to work for them. I had found a really
good job with an excellent company by then and had the pleasure of telling
them where they could put their job!

Regards

Louis de Carteret