Re: FrameMaker Index Tag Question

Subject: Re: FrameMaker Index Tag Question
From: Bruce Byfield <bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2000 06:42:24 -0800

"Johnny Brown" <johnny_brown -at- hotbot -dot- com> writes:

>I'm using FrameMaker's index marker to tag all those things that
I feel should be included in an >index. My question is this:
Frame inserts the tags as a black T. Is it possible to insert
them in >an alternative color, say red. That way, I could find
them on the fly.

What's wrong with using the Find function, set to find Index
markers?

Another useful alternative is IXgen. Once you install this
plug-in, you can generate in seconds a new Frame document that
lists all the Index markers in a table. You can edit this new
document exactly as you would any other Frame document, then
reapply it to your original document. Cost (last time I checked)
is about $200. IXgen pays for itself after one manual,
considering how much time it saves.

------
Bruce Byfield, Product Manager, Stormix Technologies
Vancouver, BC, Canada

"J'y suis, j'y reste" - Louis XIV of France