FrameMaker and Windows 2000

Subject: FrameMaker and Windows 2000
From: Gilda_Spitz -at- markham -dot- longview -dot- ca
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2000 13:34:14 -0500

My life has been a living hell lately, due to a major deadline crunch. I'm
hoping some of you techwr-lers can help.

In the midst of all the regular overtime and aggravation that is pretty
well standard at deadline-time, I was informed that our department had to
switch over to Window 2000 (we're now on Win 95). I was given no advance
warning, and therefore no time to do any research. I've been scrambling to
test our various pieces of software on the one computer that has Win 2000
installed. They want to switch the others any day now. Just what I need
right now : - 0

I'm finding lots of problems, mostly related to fonts and printer drivers.
We've downloaded the updated PostScript printer driver from the MS Win 2000
web site, but we're still having trouble. Adobe says that Frame is not yet
supported on Win 2000. There are also major problems with Quadralay Web
Works Publisher, related to their Rasterizer.

I've explained all this to upper management. I've begged the VP to allow us
to stay on Win 95 for now, but he's been pretty adamant so far.

Can anyone out there make any suggestions? I'm at the end of my rope.

Gilda Spitz
Manager, Documentation and Translation
Longview Solutions Inc.