Re: Excel versions? (urgent!)

Subject: Re: Excel versions? (urgent!)
From: Beth Friedman <bjf -at- wavefront -dot- com>
To: Becca Price <beccap -at- rust -dot- net>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 29 Feb 2000 11:05:54 -0600

In our previous episode, Becca Price wrote:

Oh, ye fonts of odd wisdom! I am editing a document
that says that our product can be used with either
Excel 7.0 or 8.0. All our copies of Excel say it's
version 97. Is Excel 97 the same as Excel v. 8.0? or
is it a later version?

Excel 97 is Excel 8.0, but that's not the "real" number -- open Help | About and you see Excel 97, not Excel 8.0. I'd suggest changing the document.

--
Beth Friedman / bjf -at- wavefront -dot- com
Lex clavatoris designati rescindenda est.