RE: GUI Rule on Elipses

Subject: RE: GUI Rule on Elipses
From: Jim Shaeffer <jims -at- spsi -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2000 11:53:48 -0500

Regarding use of the ellipsis:

Although I haven't found a standard, I have found the ellipsis used as a
label all by itself in more than one commercial product.
It appears on a square button to the right of a text box where one could
enter a path and file name. It is sized to match the height of the text
entry box. Functionally, it acts like a Browse button to complete the entry
in the box.
In context, its function seems clear.

Jim Shaeffer
jims -at- spsi -dot- com