SHED'd graphics question

Subject: SHED'd graphics question
From: gyaker -at- csc -dot- com
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2000 15:39:54 -0500

Although it's not working, I'm trying to remain calm here.

I was told earlier this afternoon I will have to use an entirely new dataset for
the screenshots in my help document.

As it stands, the bulk of the images in this help document are SHED files so
that users can click on these screen shots to show the pop-up help.

The graphics originally were .bmp's inserted into the help documents (btw, I'm
using RoboHelp 5.5) with the 'insert graphic' button on the robohelp toolbar.
After they were inserted into the document, I would use the SHED editor to add
20-30 hotspots per graphic.

Since only the dataset that has changed, theoretically I can futz with the
screens to make them appear as if different data was there. Here's my problem:
It seems that once a bitmap has been SHED'd, it is nolonger a true bitmap and
can not be edited. Is this true?

Is there any application that will let me edit the image content (colors of
discrete pixels) while leaving the dimensions and number of hotspots intact?

Gil Yaker
gyaker -at- csc -dot- com
Computer Sciences Corporation
Federal Black Lung Project