Re: work vs. environment

Subject: Re: work vs. environment
From: "Sonya Hoffmann" <sonyahof -at- flash -dot- net>
To: <anonfwd -at- raycomm -dot- com>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 4 Mar 2000 15:40:29 -0800

Hi,

A few years ago, I had the opportunity to do some technical writing for the
QA/CM department of an IT company. What I learned from my QA
manager/engineer/programmers helped me to understand the importance of and
improve my technical writing immeasurably.

Basically, it seems you already know what you DON'T want. Take a deep
breath. It's wonderful that you have control of your direction. FOCUS on
what you DO want... stability, augmented skillset, security, respect, etc.

Do not be afraid of change. The QA background will open many doors /
options for you later on.

Good luck,
-Sonya

P.S. Having a "from scratch" reference on your resumé is a definite plus
for many employers. Typically, this means that your skills were "stretched"
a little bit and it gives them a reasonable measure on your flexibility...
Not a bad thing...