Corel Office Suite 2000 and pdf

Subject: Corel Office Suite 2000 and pdf
From: "DANIEL D HALL" <misterhall -at- prodigy -dot- net>
To: "List Techwhr" <TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2000 06:43:04 -0800

Greetings, all.

We are looking to switch from printed docs (currently created in Word) and
HTML docs (currently created w/ Macromedia's Dreamweaver) to electronic file
delivery - namely, pdfs.

My questions: is there anyone on the list currently using Corel Office Suite
2000, and if so, have you attempted to use the "Save as pdf" option? In
earlier iterations of Corel software, support for pdf format has been
spotty, at best. Is this new software better, worse, or ??? Are the files
that are created true to the original? Are graphics supported? Corel has
licensed the format from Adobe, so I was hoping it would be improved.

The reason for considering this option over Acrobat is, of course, cost. We
can license the 5 or 6 copies of Corel that we whould need at a rate with
which Adobe cannot hope to compete.

Thanks,

Dan H
danhall -at- consultant -dot- com