Re: Old thread, hopefully new spin on "allow" v. "enable."

Subject: Re: Old thread, hopefully new spin on "allow" v. "enable."
From: Cathe Bedard <cbbedard -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2000 08:22:50 -0800 (PST)

Hi, Ron!

I agree with those who have posted to the list so far
suggesting "lets" instead of "enables".

After working in mental health for several years in
the early 90s, I can't look at the word "enables"
without thinking of co-dependent behavior. I just
don't want that kind of realtionship with my software!

It will be interesting to see if anyone comes up with
something less "condescending" that "lets" and
"allows".

Cathe

http://im.yahoo.com